This is a little video I made for my website, ReganLeigh.com. It’s all over the place in it’s attempt to say hello.
I’m an aspiring author. That’s who I am in a nutshell. :)
I used to write as a kid. Even into high school, I wrote short stories. Something happened when I went to college and grad school. I started to hate reading. Not only did I hate to read because of all the required texts, but I had lost my desire to write.
I didn’t regain my desire until October of 2008. That’s when it hit me. How could I have forgotten? I’m a writer.
I started writing every hour I could spare, and after three weeks of non-stop writing in January of 2009, I had three hundred pages. It was like my muse was pushing me aside and typing it for me. I had no idea how I was writing so much and so quickly, without feeling tired. I lost sleep, but I didn’t even miss it. I wanted to be writing all the time. I still feel that way.
I know that I may be writing for years before anyone actually enjoys my finished product, but that doesn’t really discourage me much. My only real fear is that I’ll stop writing. That can’t happen. I won’t let it. I’m a writer and I don’t want to forget that again. So, no matter how stressful it is to think I may be writing complete crap each day, I’ll keep doing it.
Random About Me details:
- I love coconut. Yeah, anything coconut.
- I’m a HUGE music lover.
- I think it’s fun to play in photoshop and iMovie for hours.
- I’m a dork.
- I usually bust out with inappropriate comments that illicit strange looks from others. I’ve learned to filter when needed, I promise.
- I LOVE writing and I HATE grammar.
- I can’t stand mean or spiteful people. It really isn’t hard to reach out to people in a helpful way.
- I’m soooo not girly, except in a few minor areas.
- It scares me to put my work out there for the world to see, so I force myself to do it all the time.
Want to know me better? You can read my posts, contact me through comments, or email me at regan(at) reganleigh(dot)com!
*I’ve also started password protecting certain posts that may be a bit more personal. I’m happy to provide the password to visitors if I feel comfortable doing so. (Example: I know you from another site or in real life.) Thanks for visiting!
“As things stand now, I am going to be a writer. I’m not sure that I’m going to be a good one or even a self-supporting one, but until the dark thumb of fate presses me to the dust and says ‘you are nothing’, I will be a writer.” — Hunter S. Thompson (Gonzo)